Well, tonight, I had something planned for dinner, a quick fix, but something edible and something the guys would eat and something Kabe especially, really likes. Adam called to check on the dinner plan & see about changing it to one of his winter fav's ... seeing as it's cold, rainy and in the low-60's. Well, naturally, we made Taco Soup together and of course, we needed something sweet to go with it! So Chocolate Chunk cookies were on the agenda too! Uhhh, yum!
Do you cook with your spouse, significant other, best friend? I know, I know...some of your guys don't want to eat real meals or get into the kitchen, let alone be anywhere near the kitchen, but be creative...get them involved somehow! It's awesome! Give it a try! We don't do it nearly enough anymore and it's something we both thoroughly enjoy ... even though we do things *entirely* differently. ;)
Now for the good stuff - the Taco Soup Recipe! YUM!
1 lb hamburger
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans pinto beans, rinsed
1 can Rotell tomatoes with chili's
1 quart tomato juice
1 Taco Seasoning Packet
1 lb Velveeta cheese
16 oz sour cream
Directions:
Brown hamburger adding chopped onions; then combine all ingredients except sour cream. Add Velveeta to mixture. Warm through. Add sour cream and stir.
Serve over Fritos.


2 comments:
Oooh that sounds yummy! Takes me back to my mom's kitchen, and she serves her's with Fritos too ;)
Aaron doesn't really do much with the planning of the meals (which I do ahead of time, along side the grocery list). He pretty much trusts me with that, and will eat what I cook lol. It can be a bit overwhelming, trying to please adult and toddler palates ;)
Alicia
Heart attack in a bowl, but man I love that recipe!!!
Post a Comment